Encyclopedia of Tourism (Routledge World Reference)
Publisher: Routledge | ISBN: 0415154057 | edition 2000-12-21 | PDF | 715 pages | 4,3 mb
The Encyclopedia of Tourism is a definitive reference source, comprising over a thousand entries, written by a truly international team of more than three hundred contributors. It provides a comprehensive guide to the wide range of basic definitions, concepts, perspectives and institutions embraced by tourism and consolidates research carried out in the field to date. The entries reflect the multidisciplinary nature of tourism studies; including articles from the areas of anthropology, economics, education, geography, history, management, marketing, political science, psychology and more.
* General issues and concepts specific to tourism: accommodation, consumerism, gambl ing, globalization, policy, seasonality
* Definition of key terms and acronyms: ecoresort, professional native, room nights
* Significant institutions, associations and journals: Caribbean Tourism Organization, Centre des Hautes Etudes Touristiques, WTO, Journal of Leisure Research, Journal of Tourism Studies
* Country specific tourism profiles: Greece, Hungary, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, South Africa
* Trends and patterns of tourism development and growth: community development, demography, ecologically sustainable tourism, forecasting, zoning