Beacham's Guide to the Endangered Species of North America 6 Volumes
Beacham Publishing Corporation, Gale Group | ISBN 0-7876-7691-8 | 2000
PDF | 19.17+22.65+23.26+21.13+21.48+14.69 MB or 99.95+22.49 Mb
“This comprehensive resource, updating The Official World Wildlife Fund Guide to Endangered Species of North America, presents extensive data on the habitats and ecosystems of the more than 1,200 species identified as endangered or threatened by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Arranged taxonomically, entries in Beacham's Guide to Endangered Species of North America begin with introductory information including an image of the species and a summary section. Each entry then provides detailed information on each species, including:
- Description – general descriptive facts about the species, including characteristic size, color, weight, etc.
- Behavior – discusses typical behavior patterns including reproduction and diet
- Habitat – explains the species' favored and/or primary habitat
- Distribution – surveys the areas the species is known to populate, both current and historical
- Threats – describes existing threats to the continuation of the species
Each entry concludes with a summary of recovery efforts and a bibliography of contacts for further information. Vol. 6 includes comprehensive indexes listing each species by name and geographic location, a glossary and a list of organizations”.